Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Texas to Cancun

I am in Cancun now. My flight was delayed by 2 hours but I still made it. I am staying in Hostel Haina. I cannot tell much since its dark but it looks fairly nice. Tomorrow I am off at 7.30 am to go cenote (cave) diving. Cant wait. Should be pretty cool. Even though the caves are in the ocean, the caves or something (these are technical terms) filter the water and it becomes fresh water. Pretty cool stuff.

In my last few days in Texas, I got to try some great BBQ in Austin at County Line. I had some ribs and brisket. The ribs were soooo good. South Austin is really chill. Lots of live music and vintage shops open late. Reminds me of NY a bit.

When I got back to Houston, I went to check out a rodeo. I did not get to see the actual rodeo with cowboys on horses roping cattle but I got to watch 6 year old kids ride sheep. It was adorable. The kids were hanging on for dear life to these animals. Loved it. Took some photos and one video of it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey girl sounds like so much fun, are you in Cancun by yourself? Have a great time!! When you come back on 4/9 let's go out for some beer before you head out to your next journey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. drat...if i had known you were going to austin, i would've told you to go to salt licks bbq. yum!!

    have a great time in cancun. you gotta check out some of the ruins.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it spring break there yet? get some GGW footage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice...watch out for the cave or something dwelling sea creatures...

    and +1 to what Big Bird said...we'll all grab a drink with ya when you're back on your travel break...

    ReplyDelete