Friday, April 18, 2008

Thailand in a blur

I feel like I'm living in a scene in The Terminal with Tom Hanks. My parents and I have been killing HOURS at the Bangkok airport waiting to head to Narita. I have very mixed feeling about this trip. We've been getting nothing but ripped off in Bangkok. AND not to mention it's New Years here so the Songran (sp?) Festival has been going on. This is when the Thais 'gently' throw water on people passing by and if you're lucky, you get that occasional person putting baby powder on your face. I liked Chiang Mai better. I usually don't like cities so this is no surprise. My ultimate quest was to check out the long neck people but it was a bit of a disappointment. I saw them but they were jsut selling hand crafted goods in a straw hut. There really was no 'village.' But I enjoyed talking to the locals and the food was really good. My favorite part of the trip was the cooking class we took. We had a 6 course meal that day. Crazy. Anyway, time is running out. Hopefully I can log on again soon.

2 comments:

  1. sorry to hear about the ripping off part. did you get both water and powder thrown at you? can you imagine doing that in nyc - better have good running shoes if you attempt that. haha.

    hope your trip to japan is much more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cooking class? I expect a two course-r from you for all of us when you're back...

    ReplyDelete