Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I really did end up in the paper!

As I say in my title, I really did end up in the paper. I couldn't believe it.
Don't they have anything better to report out about? So anyway, later that day, Jairo offered to take me to Arikok National Park. I was greatful since I kept getting lost to and from the dive shop. He took me to see a cave which was really cool and got to walk inside. We also saw miniature natural bridge which looked more like a plank. The park is beautiful and I definitely recommend going. It's so arid and different from the rest of the island. The outline of the mountain range is beautiful as well.

At night I was too tired to do anything so I headed back to the hotel and had a drink and ordered dinner in.

The next morning, I woke up at 6am to finish packing. I was planning to go back to bed but thought better of it since I was leaving that day so I checked the weather, my flight and email then headed out towards the lighthouse. There really is nothing special about it but it was the only site I could get to without getting lost.

Throughout my trip, Jonathan and I kept bumping into each other. We met while having lunch in the hotel during the hurricane. So of course it would be fitting that we would bump into each other on our last day on the island. We had breakfast at Matthews and parted ways. We were both headed back to NYC but on different airlines. And of course, I got lost on my way to the airport. Haha! Before going to airport, I decided that I needed to try at least one of the restaurants I wrote down so I went to La Graja, a chicken place and got 1/2 chicken with rice and yuca. It was okay. Flor de Mayo is better but I can say I had it.

Reflection: Taking a solo trip isn't so bad. I kept myself busy with my journal and book. I wish my parents were able to make it because they were really looking forward to it. One day in the near future, I will make it up to them.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. what did they write about you in the paper? love the title of the blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great souvenir! I'd love to hear more about traveling alone since I don't have the balls to do it (I guess by nature I shouldn't have any...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to make spend Aruba tax payer's dollars... :)

    Al

    ReplyDelete