Thursday, May 9, 2013

Back in Tokyo

It's been a while since I last wrote.  I'm currently back in Japan and really happy to have internet access.  Finding free wi-ri is nearly impossible in Japan so I brought my laptop with me.  From what a friend told me, it was available at one point, but concerns of privacy no longer made it widely to the public.

As soon as I step foot outside of the airport, I felt a wave of nostalgia pass over me: clean buses with polite drivers, handles so low they hit MY head @ 5'4", paying my fare in paper bills, machines that provide change.... I will spare you the remainder of my mundane list.

The best part is, coming to a business hotel and reading awesome signs like this on my bathroom door:

"Thank you fire alarm for working when steam leaves the bathroom."  I was worried that I would no longer find awkward sentences like this anymore but am happy to know that is not true!

No comments:

Post a Comment