Friday, May 2, 2008

Baths

We went to the Sze-something baths. It was really nice. When you enter the main area, the ceiling in high with an arched atrium. For 2200 HUF (about $15) we tried about 8 different baths with varying degrees. They were any where from freezing cold to 35 celcius. The sauna was about 45C. It felt really good to go to a bath but they were not as clean as the ones in Japan. Occasionally you see things floating in the water. Yuck. However, it felt good to relax our sore muscles and feet. I even jumped into the freezing cold water which surprisingly felt good. I felt toasty and warm once I got out.

It was nice to go to a bath because it reminded me of Japan. The Japanese, similar to Hungarians and Turks I guess, take pleasure in relaxing in a bath and soaking their bodies. It is a social experience. You go with friends and talk and relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment