Monday, May 5, 2008

I see dead people

I just came back from the ghost tour. The original tour company didn't show up so we went with one that was already there. As usual, like the tours in NY, we found out about all the dead people in Prague. Tynska church has two towers and the two are of two different sizes. The smaller one represents the female. The architect decided that he didn't like how all churches looked symetrical so he decided the two towers different. If I understood the guide correctly, the smaller tower has or used to have a stone bell in it. There is/was a stone bell in it because a Czech queen decided to kill one of her twin daughters to prevent them from arguing over who will inherit the throne. Later on she regretted her decision and bought a stone bell. Makes complete sense to me. You? That was just one of the several stories I kind of, sort of got (or didn't get depending on how you look at it.)

1 comment:

  1. Of course it makes sense. I once regretted buying a piece of stereo equipment and made up for it by buying shagwool underwear.

    ReplyDelete