Monday, May 5, 2008

Prague

It is incredibly beautiful here... and charming. Again the customer service part is lacking. Today I tried to go to the salt cavern for a treatment and the woman sits back aloof speaking in Czech and making no effort to service me. She points to the monitors and tells me they are full. Meanwhile, I see several are empty chairs. That's fine. The salt caverns are nothing special. They are basically a room covered with salt. You sit in the room for about 45 min and calm music is streamed into the room. When you are through, you are supposed to feel relaxed and it improves the following ailments:

Upper and lower respiratory passages (nose, larynx, sinus, bronchus)
Reduced function of thyroid gland
Cardiac-vascular diseases (high blood pressure, after-treatment of heart attack, etc.)
Diseases of digestive tract (gastric and duodenal ulcer, Crohn’s disease, unspecified inflammation of large intestine)
Dermatological diseases (psoriasis, allergies, non-festering eczema)
Dysfunction of vegetative nervous system
Neurosis, stress, and states of exhaustions
It slows down processes of aging <--- maybe I can finally use that college ID

I read somewhere that it started in Poland so maybe I should go there. *Hint hint* Next trip? You know who you are. I'll be bugging you after I get back to know when we're going to visit Poland.

Back to Prague. We've walked past a ton of landmarks but unfortunately, I don't know what most of them are because I lost our guide book a while back. My favorite has be walking on Charles Bridge. When you come from the west and walk east, you get a great view of the statues with the room tops of all the churches behind them. There are a total of 30 statues standing on the edges. I think they all have a bit of gold embellishment on them.

Tonight, if it's not raining, we will do a ghost tour and find out all the gory facts about the city. On the 7th, we got tickets to see Swan Lake. I am so excited about it because I've been wanting to see it for a while and it never seems to be performed in NYC. Maybe it is and I just don't know about it. There were thoughts of going to see it in St, Petersburg but Russa makes it very difficult for tourist to visit and travel around. Basically, it sounds like you need to be baby sat by someone at all times.

2 comments:

  1. The one thing about being Asian, we can use our college IDs till the age of 40, or until we grow grey hairs.

    Salt lined walls? That would mean salt miners are amoung the healthiest people in the world. Time to move to Wyoming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...yes I know, I know...I'm due to visit my family anyway, so whenever you want to go I'll take you.

    ReplyDelete